Position: Wireline Installation Manager
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job Id: 380
# of Openings: 1
Telamon is hiring an Transport Wireline Install Manager for Indiana. The Transport Wireline Install Manager manages and directs the activities of installers to provide technical support required for the installation of telecommunications equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures all department standards and configuration procedures are followed in an effort to meet or exceed global customer and industry requirements.
- Ensures the proper training of field service staff and customers in the installation, service, use and maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain capacity management plans for assigned teams, and recommend addition of contingent or regular staff to Area Installation Manger as appropriate. Consult with peer managers to level utilization across installation organization. Advise Area Installation Manager of need to release contingent staff or bench regular employees.
- May serve as the hiring manager for new hires.
- Serve as a point of contact for Project Managers during installation.
- Partner with peers inside and outside Telecom to solve operational problems to Telamonā s advantage
- Partner with internal Quality and Process Improvement teams to correct found issues, and execute planned improvements
- Mentor and develop direct reports and identified high potential employees, managing training, performance evaluation, problem resolution and the building of an effective team dynamic
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Requires strong technical knowledge of current Network products with minimal training performed and recorded on Safety, Business Code of Conduct, Quality assurance and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD).
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and documentation.
- Sound knowledge of the phases of the product installation.
- Knowledge of Telcordia GR-1275 Core Standards or other applicable standards.
- Ability to supervise employees engaged in installation activities
- Proficient in the use of standard office software
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor degree in a technical field or equivalent experience, and 6 years of field service experience.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors, on ladders, and in confined spaces
- Ability to work with/around electrical wires and/or ESD products
- Ability to work remotely at construction or installation sites